Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Friend Henry



A few days back my son graduated from Christopher Newport University.  While the ceremony was going on I had one of my grand son's on my lap.  Aiden is 2 1/2 and he was enjoying playing games on my phone.  When we had the opportunity to chat, I told him about my lizard friend who visits my porch daily.  I told him how Henry (my lizard friend) likes to climb up on the porch and crawl into my plants so he can eat all of the bugs in them.  He did not seem particularly interested but was as charming and sweet as ever.  I don't get to see my grand children as often as I would like because we live in different states.  As the day went on, we had a dinner celebration for my son, then we hung out at his home with some of his friends, then Aiden's mom had an allergic reaction to something and we needed to take her to the hospital to get checked out.  At the end of the day after so many hours of visiting and chat it was time to say good bye.  I was leaving for my home the next day and it was the last time I would see Aiden before I went home.  Out of nowhere he said to me.  "Pepere, when I come to visit, can I see your lizard friend on your porch and will he hide in the plants and eat bugs?"  I was just amazed that he remembered and it was important to him.  So I took a couple of pictures of Henry (It could even be Henrietta, I don't know how to tell for sure, lol) for my little sweetheart.  I thought I would share them here for anyone who might enjoy meeting Henry!





No comments: