Friday, November 7, 2008

Think Before You Speak


I always enjoy the picture above. I am not sure whether it's real or photo shopped, but I like it anyway. When I was young, my parents always told me to think before I speak. And when I see a picture like this, I find myself understanding why they told me what they told me. Frequently when people speak, they do not realize the impression they give and the impact that they have.

These ladies are a great case in point. If I were a young man in their time, maybe the 1880's, I would certainly have taken heed of this photo. In fact, to ensure I would avoid the sour faces seen here and to ensure that I would never chance locking lips with one of these vixens, I might not only have a second drink if I were a drinker, I might even take up drinking if I was a tea drinker! After all, the best way to be saved from their grasp is to drink long and strong!

Now if you don't believe the same principle is alive today, take a look at the presidency of George W. Bush. All of America watched him bring the nation lower and lower until we simply could not imagine going any lower without being labeled a third world nation. All of America watched one blunder after another. All of America watched our children die as oil profits for his connections skyrocketed. And all of America said, if this is what the extreme right has to bring to the table, we DON'T want it! You should have thought before you spoke George.

Think Before You Speak!

No comments: